Friday 15 July 2011

'John Carter' trailer goes up!



Disney have now released a trailer for next year's sci-fi 'John Carter', directed by 'Wall-E' and 'Finding Nemo' helmer Andrew Stanton (in his first foray into feature-length live-action). This isn't quite as impactful as the much more enigmatic trailer I was shown in San Francisco last month - that one had much less dialogue and made more of a feature of the superb Peter Gabriel Arcade Fire cover - but it's still a good trailer that doesn't give too much away.

Personally, whilst I'm very excited at this point, I'm not yet sold on the two lead actors (Taylor Kitsch and Lynn Collins) though I remain open minded. But the sweep and imagination of the film is eye-catching indeed.

Check out my report on the production of the film when I had the good fortune of speaking to Andrew Stanton last month in his California studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment